Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:59:27 +0200

2010/3/28 Jason Self <address@hidden>
Melvin Carvalho <address@hidden> wrote ..

> Agree, tho I've got nothing specifically against SaaS

You should.

> AGPL should solve most issues, from what I understand.

No software license can protect you from the effects of SaaS:
http://aws.bluehome.net/saas.html

OK, I get that.  Basically, try and do things P2P, but if you have to use a central server, make it someone you trust.  Though the scope of what RMS describes as SaaS seems that it would not cover things like GNU Social, but rather, things like Word Processing, Spreadsheets etc. which seem to be out or scope here anyway.