Re: [Social-discuss] Which framework?

From: Carlo von Loesch
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Which framework?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:04:46 +0200 (CEST)

Sean Corbett typeth:
| I don't think that this would be a good idea. The software someone will
| need to run to have a GNU Social node should be uniform so that
| installation and maintenance will be uniform, in the same vein as
| something like Wordpress.

Web servers and browsers have all different installation procedures,
and I don't think a fundamental protocol for the internet such as a
social messaging standard should be implemented only in one place
and be designed to only serve the constraints of one particular
usage scenario.

--
___ psyc://psyced.org/~lynX ___ irc://psyced.org/welcome ___
___ xmpp:address@hidden ____ https://psyced.org/PSYC/ _____