Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:37:26 -0400

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 08:23 -0400, Rob Myers wrote:
> There are many important design decisions we can make regarding Social,
> but at the moment it *is* going to be a federated server-based PHP/MySQL
> system for the reasons that have been given. Issues like encryption and
> accessibility are as important in this design as in any other but can we
> please focus on how to quickly make something workable using this
> architecture.

Is this your personal view, or the view of FooCorp?

I understand that it was always Matt Lee's intention to do this a
certain way, but I thought that this structural decision was up for
debate (since there has been so much debate about it on this list). Was
I mistaken, or did that change at some point?