Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be

From: Story Henry
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] What I think GNU Social's structure should be
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:39:30 +0200

On the notion of groups. Here is how one can publish a group.
in the Turtle/N3 representation:

------- http://nongnu.org/grps/gnusocial ----
@prefix : <#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

:g a foaf:Group;
   foaf:member <http://bblfish.net/#hjs>, <https://psyced.org/~lynx/#me>, ...

So this defined a group with URL

    <http://nongnu.org/grps/gnusocial#g>

with a number of members, all identified via their respective url. At each
of those urls the members can publish their public key (which is the 'key'
element
inside  a PGP key, or a X509 cert)

    Now it is easy for any tool to only allow access to members of that group,
however
they are defined, by just doing an HTTP GET on regular basis.

So go a bit further you could have another group of people on say

<http://xwiki.org/devs/#members>

And someone could decide that we would like to have a space to work together
somewhere. IT would be easy to create a class that is the union of both these
groups, and give access to just them.

        Henry

On 29 Mar 2010, at 08:40, Carlo von Loesch wrote