social

Re: [Social] Private Messaging Plugin

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: [Social] Private Messaging Plugin
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:49:54 -0400

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 21:06 -0400, Sean Corbett wrote:
Ian and I wrote a quick draft on how we plan on making the Private Messaging plugin work: http://gitorious.org/social/pages/Privatemessaging

There are some plans in motion to have Blaine Cook's Webfinger authentication scheme implemented in the StatusNet core, so many of our plugins (including this one) will rely on this process to authenticate users to remote GNU Social instances. Once the Webfinger code is implemented into StatusNet and the view code for GNU Social is in place, this plugin should be relatively simple to implement.
I think this is something that should be in core, not a plugin.

-Evan