social

Re: [Social] Private Messaging Plugin

From: Natanael
Subject: Re: [Social] Private Messaging Plugin
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:37:19 +0200

I really think this should be a choice to the user.

Sending a text message? Use the "push-style" method. Sending videos? Use the "pull-style" method. Sending a big bunch of work documents and pictures? Pick the "push-style" method manually before sending.

I'm also thinking a bit about using torrents for large files being shared with multiple people. Is it reasonable? Would it be used? Is it even useful? For private files, how do we manage permissions?

--- If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking // Stupidity is a renewable resource