Re: [STUMP] XKB input in Stumpwm?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [STUMP] XKB input in Stumpwm?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:42:24 +0800

Milan Zamazal <address@hidden> writes:

> Other complaints from Debian users concern non-ASCII or Dvorak input in
> Stumpwm, e.g.:
>
>   It is not possible to input cyrillic characters into stumpwm prompts,
>   so it is not possible to exec programs with cyrillic arguments.
>
> What can be done about it?  It's probably more problem of CLX than of
> Stumpwm, is there any way to get working support for XKB input in SBCL
> and CLISP?

Possibly faintly related: I've never gotten xkb keyboard layouts to work
while using Stump. If I switch to colemak with a setxkbmap invocation
(or trigger keys), it is reset to qwerty the next time I switch windows.

I also suspect CLX. I left a note on the sharplispers/clx github page
(since that seems to be the implementation I'm using, via quicklisp),
but haven't heard anything.

Anyway, if anyone digs into this issue, you might help me keep an eye
out for this issue as well...

Eric