Re: [STUMP] vertical mode-line?

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] vertical mode-line?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:56:20 +0300

>How is your setup for independent frame grups?

http://mtn-host.prjek.net/viewmtn/stumpwm-tagging/branch/changes/com.ignorelist.401a0bf1.raskin.stumpwm-config
(you can download a tarball there or browse code online)

It also uses my window-tagging contrib module.

This is most of my real config, including the code for frame tagging.

Window tags are stored in window properties (so restarting StumpWM
but keeping X session doesn't wipe them), frame tags are attached to
StumpWM frame objects.

Windows are auto-tagged and sometimes additionally tagged manually.

There are scripts that set up frames and specify groups using special
tags. Q is rebound to only clean splits inside the same frame group;
bindings are made to populate current frame group with predefined window
sets (specified using tags).

I don't use frame groups spanning monitors; I actually manage a single
FullHD laptop screen as multiple independent monitors (a nice square-ish
area and all the rest).