[STUMP] vertical mode-line?

From: Jim Ottaway
Subject: [STUMP] vertical mode-line?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 11:49:31 +0000

Has anyone implemented a mode-line that runs vertically at the left or
right of the screen instead of at the top or bottom?

I find that my new laptop's screen is too wide for me and it would be
nice to move the modeline to the side to make use of the currently
unused space there.

As far as I can see, this involves modifying resize-mode-line in
mode-line.lisp.  I'll have a go if it's not been done before.

Yours sincerely,
--
Jim Ottaway