summer-of-code

Re: GSoC 2015: VMFlexArray for OpenJDK / IcedTea

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: GSoC 2015: VMFlexArray for OpenJDK / IcedTea
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:41:13 +0100

    > >     >     I would like to volunteer as a mentor for the following
project topic
    > >     >     under the umbrella of the GNU Project.
    > >     >
    > >     >     Proposed Topic: VMFlexArray PatchSet for OpenJDK (IcedTea)
    > >     >
    > >     > I take it this would be done as part of the GNU Classpath project,
    > >     > right?

    Most of the GNU Classpath hackers do now work on IcedTea and/or OpenJDK.
    So spiritually it is kind of part of the GNU Classpath project. Technically
    this will be a project for IcedTea and probably go into OpenJDK from there
    (if the student is willing to assign all his rights to Oracle).

As the GNU Classpath maintainer it is up to you to decide.  In order to
participate in GSOC under the GNU umbrella that project would need to be
done under the aegis of GNU classpath.