Re: [swarm-hackers] gnustep

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] gnustep
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:32:47 -0700

Scott Christley wrote:

> The secret is out! :-)
>
> Hi Glen,  try opening the gorm file, Heatbugs.gorm, in Gorm.app.  I'm
> not sure what the versions are but if the Heatbugs file is older/newer
> than the current version of the Gorm libraries then that can cause a
> is with the same version format.

Ugh!  That didn't work.

The versions I'm using:

Gorm:  1.1.0
GNUStep:  5.2
Swarm and Swarm apps:  CVS HEAD
GCC version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)

When I try to open Heatbugs.gorm in Gorm, I get:

Failed to load file.  Exception: expected object and got unsigned char

and

Could not load file
/home/gepr/packages/swarm-apps-2008-05-15/gnustep/Heatbugs/Heatbugs.gorm.

Any other hints?  I wonder if the Heatbugs.gorm/objects.gorm file could
have been messed up when it was checked in (or out)?  I don't know how
to find out which file extensions savannah tags as binary.

If you are not free to choose wrongly and irresponsibly, you are not
free at all. -- Jacob Hornberger