Re: [swarm-hackers] GCC 4.x and builtin_apply

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] GCC 4.x and builtin_apply
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 07:35:59 -0600

That kind of thing is fine to have in the code base, but IMO we shouldn't make it default until it is in fact fully functional -- until it is positively known that it can successfully pack and unpack the stack and register set in a way that is somewhat convenient and efficient for Swarm and also that it is feasible to get that binary package on systems we care about. My recollection was that gutting out gnustep to get just the relevant bits of source code was going to be rather involved.