Re: [swarm-hackers] tk tcl error

From: Scott Christley
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] tk tcl error
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:30:35 -0800

On Feb 19, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Steve Railsback wrote:

Scott Christley wrote:
Which Fedora version are you using? I have a few setup as virtual machines and can try Fedor's Tk/Tcl, that would most certainly be the easiest option. Presuming of course that your client also has that Fedora...

We're using Fedora 10, with 64-bit code.

(On my own machine, I installed Swarm with Tk/Tcl 8.4 under Fedora 9, then upgraded the operating system.)

I think I could get things back under control if I could uninstall the old stuff completely. I just started looking around for instructions but haven't found any yet.

Well in general on Linux, it isn't anything fancy like on Windows with a registry, it is just files on the disk. The main files are header files in some include directory and library files in the lib directory. Any binaries would be in the bin directory There can also be man pages and other shared files. Unfortunately is make uninstall doesn't work then there really isn't any systematic way to remove a program ... thus one of the reason that package managers where created, as the package has a complete list of files and thus can remove them.

Scott