Re: [swarm-hackers] GNU sed

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] GNU sed
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:04:20 +1100

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 2:20 PM, Nima Talebi wrote:
>
>> Is the template processing a lot of work? Is it possible to rewrite that
>> section so the calls to ordinary standard AC_PROG_SED-certified sed will
>> suffice - by perhapse simplifying the sed expressions? Or if we depend on
>> other things like awk/perl, use one of them?

If you want to do that, don't let me stop you, but you need to check all the
uses of sed in Swarm and then test them exhaustively.

The code I committed will work as long as you have GNU sed installed in the
PATH as seen at configure time.

IMHO it would be better to spend a bit of time zapping those nested functions.
That is much easier and more useful.

Bill