Re: ObjC dynamic parser

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: ObjC dynamic parser
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 21:58:05 -0700

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Restated, my point is that if Swarm is going to provide a language
> substrate, it definitely should be a rich one (Java and Lisp being
> examples of rich language substrates).  Otherwise, Swarm cannot
> really be thought of as a standalone simulation, modelling or development
> environment.  If Swarm does not provide good language integration
> features (but tries) the poor ones it provides will just be in the way.

I must've missed the point of Scott's message, then.  I read it as
meaning
that we (the end users) can put any language parser for any language
into
an application and then have objects that can dynamically load that
parser
and can dynamically write programs for that parser.

Hence, it doesn't matter what the Swarm toolkit itself provides, because
it is the users responsibility to provide a parser for whatever language
she's interested in.  I guess I just read what I wanted to read, eh?

glen
--
Glen E. Ropella           (505) 424-0448
The Swarm Corporation     <address@hidden>