Re: ObjC dynamic parser

From: John Eikenberry [MSAI]
Subject: Re: ObjC dynamic parser
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 16:40:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Scott Christley wrote:

> >   o It's possible to write constrained mini-languages if you want to.
> >     For example, Guile has CTAX, a simple C-like language.
>
> I've looked at guile and heard about CTAX but have not been able to play
> with it.  What I think would be a worthwhile proposition is to enhance
> this CTAX to be OBJCTAX; then we can use guile as our interpretor engine
> with OBJCTAX allowing users to write ObjC.
>
> I'm not sure of the feasibility of this but currently this seems the most
> immediate way to get an ObjC interpretor that can be "plugged in".

If you're thinking about embedding a scripting language in Swarm, you
might also want to take a look at python. It is an object oriented
scripting language with much of the same feel as ObjC. It comes in a C
version that is easy to embed and a java version that may be nice for
use with the new java gui. The C version is also about as cross platform
as you can get, it runs on all *nix, windows-3.x/95/NT, MacOS, etc.

See http://www.python.org for more info.

John Eikenberry
address@hidden - http://www.ai.uga.edu/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."