RE: polymorphism (was compare swarm with repast)

From: Gulyas Laszlo
Subject: RE: polymorphism (was compare swarm with repast)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was _planning_ on to use things like that in my ambitious AI agenda,
but never got that far. Also, it turned out that people doing that
kind of stuff usually stick with Prolog, LISP & co. and don't even
bother with ABM.

Gulya

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Marshall, James A R wrote:

>   Has anyone on the list ever found a modelling problem where they have to
> pass messages to objects that they are not sure can respond to them? I never
> have, perhaps because of my training as a functional programmer, or perhaps
> because my modelling domains are normally simpler or better defined than the
> example Glen cites below, which I think is a very ambitious one!
>   Well, this is something that has been on my mind since I started using
> Swarm over 4 years ago, so I look forward to some good examples!
>       James
[...]

Laszlo Gulyas                           address@hidden
AI Laboratory                           http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/
Computer and Automation Research Inst.  H-1111, Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
Hungarian Academy of Sciences           * 36 1 209-6194

--> On leave at Government Department, Harvard University      <--
--> 113b VanSerge, Mails: 34 Kirkland st., Cambridge, MA 02138 <--
--> address@hidden, (617) 384-9088                     <--