Re: polymorphism (was compare swarm with repast)

From: Gulyas Laszlo
Subject: Re: polymorphism (was compare swarm with repast)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:09:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 address@hidden wrote:
[...]
> How important this is to modeling is left as an exercise to the
> reader.  (Hint: Do you think two humans know a-priori which methods
> the other responds to? ;-)

If you want to do that, that's really where Java's Reflection API
comes in handy. And as far as I got with dynamic binding in Obj-C,
reflection is really easier. But that's perhaps because I never
stood the 'message metaphor'... :-)

Gulya

Laszlo Gulyas                           address@hidden
AI Laboratory                           http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/
Computer and Automation Research Inst.  H-1111, Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
Hungarian Academy of Sciences           * 36 1 209-6194

--> On leave at Government Department, Harvard University      <--
--> 113b VanSerge, Mails: 34 Kirkland st., Cambridge, MA 02138 <--
--> address@hidden, (617) 384-9088                     <--