swarm support (was compare swarm with repast)

From: Jacobo Myerston
Subject: swarm support (was compare swarm with repast)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:08:23 -0400

One of the problems of swarm, in my opinion, is portability. Swarm is in some way windows and redhat-centric (installing swarm in other linux distribution is not easy anymore), for this reason the swarm community is making no use of the advances that other platforms offer. I think the macosx port of swarm should be crucial for the SDG, because Objetive-C is also the native programming language of osx (Objective-C is no longer an ancient programming language only used by swarm programmers). Nevertheless no main swarm-developer has showed interest in the macosx-port.