swarm-swarmfest2005

Re: [Swarmfest2005] 2/4 Registration fees

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2005] 2/4 Registration fees
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:47:13 +0100

At 03.40 02/03/2005, you wrote:
As far as I know, SDG has not covered travel costs in the past
(someone who's been around longer can correct me).   Some money has
gone to stipends for speakers, but I'm not aware of travel funds.
However, no previous swarmfest has had this level of funding.

If the conference payed for all of the SDG board travel costs, that
could exceed 10.000 euros.  Would that be an appropriate use of
meeting funds?

Pietro, do you have a rough idea of how the conference funds are
covering?  I'm fairly clueless of what it costs to host a conference
in Italy.

I'm working to a budget, covering the meeting location (we are in a private congress structure), some public transportation costs (we are on the hills near Torino and I'm asking public transport company to increase the bus schedule for participants interested in going in downtown), the social dinner, some structural costs (i.e. to have a wi-fi cover of the meeting), some gift for participants, invited speakers (may be one per day), coffe breeak and lunches ...

        Raw estimate (in euros):

3-4000 meeting location
2000 invited speakers
500-1000 euros, wi-fi
5000-7000 social dinner
1500-2000 transportation
2-3000 coffe break and luches
1-2000 euros, administration

        We are near to 20.000 euros.

Obviously we have partipation fees from coming people, but it would be good to keep the very low.

Pietro