swarm-swarmfest2007

Re: [Swarmfest2007] Banquet speaker

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2007] Banquet speaker
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:34:05 -0600

Randy wrote:
One suggestion for a speaker might be someone, to be determined, to speak
about the "crowdsourcing" phenomenon
Econophysics people might have interesting simulations here.. Crowdsourcing, being a market, will have familiar issues as any other with regard to price formation and liquidity.
Roger wrote:
the Innocentive concept is
about real swarms made of people, not simulated ones, but I expect the
Swarm audience would be interested.
While we're at it, invite some people that teach cybernetics and control theory, since it's just been rediscovered. :-)

Another audience to draw upon to think about related issues is the online gaming community. Here we have lots of people that could be easily co-exist with computerized proxy agents acting on behalf of scientists. Sociologists can now peturb a social system and see how it reacts...