Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:55:01 +0200

Hi!

> As far as I see, it's not dead.  I imagine that
> many people are busy with other projects and haven't
> had time.  I know that's true for me.
> In fact, I need to spend some time cleaning up some
> patches for tcc.

I see. What patches do you currently have, if I may ask?

I've seen a few strange things in the code generated by tcc, like mov $0x0,
%eax followed by a mov $0x0,%eax.

I was wondering whether it is possible to make tcc output position independent
code (PIC). That probably takes a rewrite of i386-gen.c, right?

I'm also having problems with -b, which makes the program crash sometimes.

Groetjes,
Peter.