Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?

From: Steve Dover
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Is tcc still being developed?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:05:53 -0500

Peter Busser wrote:
Hi!

As far as I see, it's not dead.  I imagine that
many people are busy with other projects and haven't
had time.  I know that's true for me.
In fact, I need to spend some time cleaning up some
patches for tcc.

I see. What patches do you currently have, if I may ask?

Sorry, no patches for code-generation.
My patches are to make tcc native on uclibc.
And they are probably broken by now, hence why I need
to spend time on them again.

I've seen a few strange things in the code generated by tcc, like mov $0x0,
%eax followed by a mov $0x0,%eax.

I was wondering whether it is possible to make tcc output position independent code (PIC). That probably takes a rewrite of i386-gen.c, right?

Plus tccelf.c apparently.

I'm also having problems with -b, which makes the program crash sometimes.

Hmmm, I've not used that flag as I want small code size.