Re: [Tinycc-devel] SEH in tcc

From: Jérôme VUARAND
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] SEH in tcc
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 02:33:15 -0400

Is there any work somewhere to make a C++ compiler on top of tcc ?
And about Cx, does it still support libtcc interface and code
relocation facilities ?

2006/5/20, Ben Hinkle <address@hidden>:

On 5/20/06, PerfectDark <address@hidden> wrote:
> I work with tcc under win32 and now appeared one question - is there any
'cheap' possibility to implement win32 MSVC-like SEH (__try, __except,
__finally, __leave) in tcc? Does someone interested in that, except me? May
be someone heard about any tcc' development plans - if them exists?
> As I understood - in answers to my previous question, there are no any
branches of developing/testing tcc :(

I've been working on some "extensions" to C using tcc as a base. The website
is http://www.tinycx.org. I think there are other project that take tcc and
experiment on it. In terms of SEH what I've done with tinycx is added some
simple error handling with the reserved labels error: and finally:. The
implementation uses setjmp/longjmp but that's because it was easier for me.
Other features to C I've added are module support, multiple return values,
function overloading, polymorphism, type inference. If you check it out any
feedback you have would be appreciated.

-Ben