Re: [Tinycc-devel] C++ or C?

From: ice
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C++ or C?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:55:50 -0400

Didn't early C++ compilers just translate the code to C?

On 5/22/06, PerfectDark <address@hidden> wrote:

>Is there any work somewhere to make a C++ compiler on top of tcc ?

It is a hard, VERY hard work - to implement full ISO-compliant C++ compiler(just look to gcc::cp code :) ) and, I think, it absolutely unuseful. Except excellent gcc C++ compiler, there are a lot of free compilers, even microsoft offer fast and free C/C++ compiler+PlatformSDK. I sure, that tcc should be stable, small, simple, fast and reliable C compiler (may be with simple and useful extensions - thanks to Ben Hinkle :) ) - with possibility to use as internal runtime C compiler ( I work on win32 and I HATE VisualBasic :) ).