Re: [Tinycc-devel] Development/patches - subversion repository

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Development/patches - subversion repository
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:35:54 -0400

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 4:38 pm, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Nick wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > I am not too concerned where the repository is hosed - I can provide
> > free svn hosting and there are other services available. My main
> > frustration has been seeing useful patches but with nothing applied to
> > the main source tree. I think the solution is to open up write access to
> > people actually working with TCC and making patches.
>  > [...]
>
> Just a note : setting up a new web site and a new repository for TCC
> won't solve the problem - anyone can do it easily.  Applying random
> patches in the repository is also not the issue. The real problem is to
> verify the patches by using the knowledge you have from the code and by
> using the regression tests and to give remarks to their author...

Heartily agreed, all of it.

I'll shake the tree some more and see if I can scare up a maintainer
candidate.  (I know lots of really good programmers.  And apparently, they're
all swamped.  The next guy I'm trying to shanghai into it at least helping
out is smart, young, and learns really fast...)

Rob