[Tinycc-devel] Missing symbol when compiling in -static

From: RoboTux
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Missing symbol when compiling in -static
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:21:12 +0200

Hi everyone,

tinycc fails to compile statically, it misses 4 symbols:

18:12 address@hidden ~% cat test.c
int main(void)
{
        return 0;
}
18:13 address@hidden ~% tcc -static -o test test.c
tcc: undefined symbol '__gcc_personality_v0'
tcc: undefined symbol '_Unwind_Resume'
tcc: undefined symbol '_Unwind_Backtrace'
tcc: undefined symbol '_Unwind_GetIP'
zsh: exit 1     tcc -static -o test test.c

These symbols are defined in libgcc_eh.a
I don't know how other compilers do but at least it seems ld link agains
libgcc_eh.a (see HOSTING_LIBS in configure.host in ld source code).

I don't know if it's possible to link against libgcc_eh.a as gcc is GPL but
with library runtime exception for some of the file. And only 4 functions are
needed, maybe empty function would be enough for most program.

Except if a real coding must be done, I can provide a patch for this issue but
I need to know which solution you want to adopt.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme