Re: [Tinycc-devel] Missing symbol when compiling in -static

From: RoboTux
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Missing symbol when compiling in -static
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 14:58:26 +0200

The Thursday 22 April 2010 14:35:50, RoboTux wrote :
[SNIP]

> But now I'm really not sure it would work. If it's provided by gcc then
>  there is a good chance that it's really compiler-dependant. Except if code
>  compiled by tcc and gcc looks the same, I don't think we could link
>  against libgcc_eh.a It seems to me the only solution is to implement in
>  some way the function on the tcc side.

Alternatively I've just found it exists a library for that: libunwind (43380
lines of code). We could link against libunwind if found on the system and use
dummy function (and thus display a warning if compiling statically) if not.

Still, we must implements __gcc_personality_v0 and I have no idea of what it
does.

> > --- grischka
> >
> > > Thomas Preud'homme
>
> Hope I'm clear and I'm not confused myself.

Cheers.