Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and "smart" linking

From: Oleg N. Cher
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and "smart" linking
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:10:49 +0300

I would mentioned that Turbo Pascal (7.1) has very fast compilation too, and was very compact - command-line compiler tpc.exe is 75 Kb. Then I do not agree with the fact that "smart" linking feature is a redundant in TCC. It's the absolutely necessary feature, especially if you actively work with large libraries and do not want to include all code from the libraries into your software.

Jared Maddox wrote:
Actually, TCC is about compiling code quickly. It is most appropriate
for compiling other compilers, quickly testing code, and compiling
code as part of a JIT engine. There's nothing wrong with an 'extended'
TCC, but any such thing should be kept mostly or entirely separate
from TCC itself.
Oleg N. Cher,
VEDAsoft Oberon Club
http://zx.oberon2.ru