Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and "smart" linking

From: Oleg N. Cher
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and "smart" linking
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:08:51 +0300

David,

TCC is an open source project, of course. Perhaps your best solution is to fork it and add your own smart linking optimizations.

Maybe I did, but I'm not so interested in the development of the compiler with the vague purpose of the speed of compiled code at the expense of quality. Judging by the fact that you reject the idea of ​​ smart linking, it is. Also, I learned how difficult to push an own fork to the official release.

I know that C is slowly compiled language. But producing compilers that have flaws, eliminated in the old TP, we are marking time.

For me, the development in C is not an end in itself too. I'm looking for a good C compiler that produces small code for x86-32 and x86-64 to be a back-end for building my programs written in language Oberon for the XDev project. I came to this list to give you the idea, and not to implement it yourself. If you don't like to accept it (I understand, implementation is not so trivial), I'm using a different compiler, if I find it.

David