Re: [Tinycc-devel] Added virtual io to tinycc

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Added virtual io to tinycc
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:25:01 +0100

Le lundi 14 janvier 2013 03:54:27, Jared Maddox a écrit :

[SNIP]

> The main nuisance is that searching for the right file will be slow.
> If you want speed AND flexibility, then you want to write a
> string-table implementation so that your file/folder searches go
> faster. Really, most of the complexity is in making it go faster, not
> in making it work.

Given one of the key feature of tcc is its speed, that looks like an important
thing to improve.

Also, we are trying to stabilize tcc in order to make a new release (see [1])
so it would be nice if this could avoid as much as possible to touch the
current code. I would personally have preferred that this commit is reverted
for now and reapplyied just after the release (should be a question 1-2 weeks
I hope). Don't take me wrong, contributions are very much welcome, this one
included. I'm just saying the commit is not made at the best time :)

[1] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2013-01/msg00005.html

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme