Re: [Tinycc-devel] Added virtual io to tinycc

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Added virtual io to tinycc
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:55:13 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Also, we are trying to stabilize tcc in order to make a new release (see [1]) so it would be nice if this could avoid as much as possible to touch the current code. I would personally have preferred that this commit is reverted for now ...

I agree.

... and reapplyied just after the release

I would not bother.

It goes without saying that there are many interesting things you
can do with tinycc, which includes hacking the sources in any way,
pasting code snippets, plugging in modules, whatever.

And our share to support that is to keep tinycc tiny!

So we should say "Thanks, nice.", revert, and people can still
try the patch with:

    git checkout -b vio 2358b378b3cd526956713f033f5a0ecaa5f63951

Same with the vswap commit IMO.  Good catch of Kirill with the CPU
costs,  but the patch has issues and anyway is just too ugly, in this
form.

Thanks,

--- grischka