Re: [Tinycc-devel] linking tinycc

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] linking tinycc
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 08:23:10 +0100

Good question,

Here is my understanding:

Because of COPYING which states that tcc is LGPL, I would say NO unless your project is GPL but there is an attempt to move tcc to a BSD like license (see RELICENSING).

At that time, we’ve got no reply from some maintainers.

As I understand from RELICENSING, tcc for x86_64 elf (only) is safe to static link (if you add copyright notice) while tcc for arm is still using LGPL by default which prevents you to statically link with tcc unless your whole project is also GPL.

It would be nice to clarify if maintainers not having replied say Yes or say No.

Christian