Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any interest in #pragma(lib) and CGI extensions?

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Any interest in #pragma(lib) and CGI extensions?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 17:10:44 +0800

Le samedi 11 avril 2015, 07:59:44 Sergey Korshunoff a écrit :
> A preliminary patch for the -xc and -xa options is attached.

I often swear at software that refuse to perform an action because the
extension is not the one they expect. Usually it's with media player though
but I'm still very much in favor of such a patch.

As for the content of the patch, I'd remove all warnings except the
unsupported language one. Also, since you introduce the concept of kind of file
(assembly code, C code, etc…) it seems better to set the kind according to the
extension if -x is not specify and use only the kind after rather than keep
checking both the kind and the extension.

I'm also not sure about the indentation but maybe it's because I spent more
time coding on GCC than TinyCC these days. Is it usual in TinyCC to have the
second line of a if not aligned with the first character inside the
parenthesis? Ie:

If (foo || bar
    || baz)

I was also surprised to have the || at the end of the line but that might be
normal in TinyCC's code, I'm not sure anymore.

Best regards,

Thomas