Re: [Tinycc-devel] cleanups

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] cleanups
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2016 23:57:22 +0200

Jean-Claude Beaudoin wrote:
One fact that gives me serious pause in that area is that the
majority of the commits I contributed in the last few days were
simply reverted thus reintroducing the problems they tried to fix
or introducing some new lesser one when the revert was partial.
A good number of others recent commits have been also similarly
impacted.

That leaves me quite puzzled.

        "Prevent tail spin crash when option -pthread is used."

Was there an actual problem?  Commit message didn't tell,  I
didn't see any,

        "More properly propagate ONE_SOURCE."

In fact broke the "tcc(.exe) using libtcc.so/.dll" configuration,
and then "compensated" by deleting it from the Makefile.

I just assumed that this was impossibly your intention ;)

--- grischka

My intent was to use libtcc as a significant part of the back-end
of MKCL <https://common-lisp.net/project/mkcl/>. But after some study of
the TCC source code I came
to the realization that there were a number of serious technical
problems with that. And now there is this governance aspect
being raised.  All that push me to reconsider my approach.

Regards,

Jean-Claude Beaudoin