Re: [Tinycc-devel] make tcc reentrant

From: Ulrich Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] make tcc reentrant
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 18:33:22 +0100

Am 03.12.2019 um 17:16 schrieb Karl Yerkes:
> i have a project that needs this and i've been studying the source of
tcc to figure out how to do it. i would like to see how you plan to do this.

> i would test on macOS.

While doing the changes we need a freeze (other changes should be delayed).
The 1st step i already started:
- removing the static tcc_state, hence all functions calling the error
function
    needs to be able to know about the TCCState. All affected functions
need a
    TCCState* as a first parameter. This first parameter allways is
named "s1".
    I started this change for all X86 related files.
- Mark all static vars that needs to be moved to TCCState in all source
files
    with a comment. This could be done as a teamwork.
- The move process should be done in 2 steps. First move local static
vars into
    a new struct. Static vars referenced by multiple source files will
be moved
    directly into TCCState.
    Step2: Move all local struct fields to TCCState.

All this should be done in tiny steps while some people are testing on
different
platforms.

Looks like a lot of work. :)

Ulrich.