Re: [Tinycc-devel] It seem I pull code in wrong way. How can I revert it

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] It seem I pull code in wrong way. How can I revert it?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 12:18:03 +0200

Pursuer wrote:
Thanks a lot for your rearranging and advice.

by the way I'm sure I only add tcc.h to the commit "misplaced parenthese
around...", So I'm also confused about the side-effect mentioned
by Christian Jullien. (In fact I had cloned a new copy before
rearranging, In which the additions made by Kyryl on 22_floating_point.c
was not removed.)

There is no difference whatsoever codewise between my push -f
and the mob head before. Can be seen with

    $ git diff old-mob mob

In case old-mob can be restored (if you had it already) like

    $ git checkout -b old-mob 8a1ad66f0529bcd71bd1552178653374ce7f6c11

or even still fetched from repo like

    $ git fetch origin 8a1ad66f0529bcd71bd1552178653374ce7f6c11:old-mob

(Maybe for 30 days or so until it will disappear)

So it were just Pursuer's private merges which I removed from history
(and which we aren't really interested to know).

Maybe if from the merged branch one checks out the state at Pursuer's
patch directly then in fact the code does not contain Kyryl's patch
although in an one-dimensional listing for example (such as the web
git-web) Pursuer's patch would appear later, from its date.

-- gr