Re: [Traverso-devel] cvs update

From: Nicola Doebelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] cvs update
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:49:52 +0100

Am Montag, 5. Februar 2007 20:44 schrieb Remon:
> > > performance further! Nicola, I think the animated flip page should be a
> > > bit smoother now on your ppc ?
> >
> > Hm, it doesn't work at all.
>
> Not sure what you mean here?

Just checked again: It doesn't flip the page at all. In the config file
Scrollmode is set to 2, but the playhead runs out of the window and nothing
happens (on PPC and dual core).

> > Can it be de/activated somehow? I couldn't find
> > a key action for it...
>
> Me encourages you to create one hehe

Ok. But I would prefer a combo box in the settings page. What about you?

> > CPU usage doesn't seem to have changed significantly
> > here, but it's hard to judge, because it depends on the zoom level.
>
> Ow, thats too bad, it has dropped here quite a bit....
> Me is totally desperate now ....

Im sooo sorry. The problem is I have nothing to compare it to. By zooming one
step I can easily double or half the CPU usage.

> Ehm, let me look it up...
> Needs to be added to the Settings widget or somewhere else to switch mode,
> but for now, edit your ~/.traverso/Traverso/Traverso.conf, see section
> Playhead, set Scrollmode to 0 (flip page), 1 is centered and 2 is animated
> flip page

None of these modes seems to work, it just doesn't flip if the playhead leaves
the window.

> > > Running Traverso for hours, no crash so far, so if you have different
> > > experiences, let me know please!
> >
> > Try deleting a track and then zoom vertically...
> >
> > Sorry, but you were asking for it ;-)
>
> Stop hiding you ....., I'm gonna .... you !

Waaaahhh! (*running and hiding under the kitchen table*)

> Obviously, I meant stability for playback, and just running the damn thing,
> with no 'crashes out of nowhere'

Oops, sorry, in that case forget about it. But let me know when you are
mentally stable enough for some serious bugs :-P

Sleep well (and don't let the crash message haunt you in your dreams).
Nic