Re: [Traverso-devel] playhead cpu usage, crosshair like implementation n

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] playhead cpu usage, crosshair like implementation needed ?
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:03:34 +0100

> ...<snip>...
>
> > Right now, I'm gonna say: "NANANANANAAAAA" to everone not owning a dual
> > core 2+ GHz computer :D
>
> Hehe, actually I've just ordered parts to build a nice machine with a
> Pentium-D (dual) 3.4GHz CPU, in a nice silent Antec P180B case =)
> Now I'm just waiting at the mailbox everyday for it to come...

Nice!

Dual core just rocks !

> > P.S.
> > And as soon as we get opengl accelerated painting, by means of new mesa
> > and xorg versions, live is good again, and we get this acceleration for
> > free, not a single line of code needed!
>
> The thing is, this kind of graphics *should* be possible without much
> acceleration and dual cores...

It's absolutely possible, in fact, even with 30 + tracks in the view, animated
scroll is smooth, and although it takes some cpu, there is a lots of headroom
left :-)

But we remember those who don't have decent computers, and try to make it work
for them too lol

Greetings,