Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Drag + snap
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:58:33 +0100

Remon wrote:
>> Or, hold [D] to drag with current snap state, but hold [Alt+D] to drag
>> with "other" snap state. So if you have snap enabled, you could hold
>> Alt+D to drag with snap temporarily turned off.
>

> Sure, can be made too, though in this scenario one cannot toggle the snap
> state _during_ the move action.
>
> This action would thus not make use of the modifier keys for hold actions,
> but
> would be a new drag function.
>
> A similar issue is automatic shuttle (scroll left/right, up/down) during clip
> drag, what about a similar feature to turn on/off automatic shuttle during
> dragging actions ?
>
> Remember that to keep things simple, actions are centered around a key fact,
> so [ D ] for drag, adding [Alt D], [SHIFT D] and so on might add to the
> confusion, and it's less flexible, once you started the drag action, you
> cannot turn snapping on/off.

Well, what I had in mind was that it would be temporarily toggled
*during* the drag... So you could start the drag with D, and then you
notice you need to turn on/off snap to get it right, so you just hold
Alt too, without releasing the D button. It's still D=drag, but modifier
keys (alt,ctrl,shift) can be used to alter it's behaviour...

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-