Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:10:53 +0200

Hi,

[snap]

> No, I don't think it works as I described. As it is now, the clip is
> "drawn" to the other, so that if the distance is less than N it will
> jump to make the distance zero. But my suggestion is to not jump at all,
> but instead "stick" to the other clip. So then I can put the clip even
> only 1 pixel to the side of another, but then to move it past it I would
> need to move my mouse more before the clip begins to move beyond the
> other one, but still starting from 0.

Yeah I see now...
Hold commands accept keys now too, for a list of available command use right
mouse button or < Q > during a hold action, like moving a clip.
Something that might be usefull for you is the to nex/prev snap position
options.
Has some glitches too, but oh well.... :)

> >> * I would love a way to export only part of a song, perhaps using
> >> markers? (When markers can have labels, one could just choose between
> >> which markers should be used when exporting)
> >
> > Would be lovely indeed, need to think about this one a bit.
> > My last idea is to have the export routine to have a list of clips, so
> > one can export a range of clips or just one in one go, with a start and
> > end position...
>
> I'm not sure I understand why using a list of clips. You would mostly
> want to export the entire song or a selected (start->end) part of it
> (probably markers, since they are used also for CD export). And, I guess
> the end mark needs to be taken into account also when exporting the
> entire song, in case you want some silence at the end instead of cutting
> it exactly at clip end? Especially if one has added reverb trough the
> plugins, then the reverb tail will be longer than the actual clip end!

Yeah, well, just some idea hehe.
The idea is that with using a list of clips (internall thing in fact) one
would be able to just export one clip, some tracks with a range, or complete
song etc...

> >> * Export fileformat settings, often you want to work with higher
> >> bitresolution (and perhaps freq too) but export to 16 bit 44.1KHz, or 24
> >> bit 48KHz, etc.. Note that this would need good quality SR conversion
> >> and dithering, etc..
> >
> > Not sure what you mean here. The export dialog gives you these options
> > allready ?
>
> Sorry, I'm stupid! Sometimes you don't see the woods for all the trees...
> =)

:D