[Traverso-devel] on the fly resampling

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] on the fly resampling
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:13:33 +0100

Hi list,

After fixing a little problem when on the fly resampling was disabled, the
following issue shows up.

Say the audiocard plays at 48 KHz, and we disabled onthefly resampling, and
playback an audiofile of 44.1KHz.

What we get now is that the files plays at to high rate, AND that the seek
logic seeks to the correct place in the 44.1 KHz file, which doesn't equal
the last read position.... (if you follow that)
This results in either certain parts aren't played at all, or small parts are
played twice, resulting in choppy sound, at least, if my theory is correct,
this is what happens now.

Does anyone know a solution to this? (other then simply forcing onthefly
resampling :) )

Thanks,