Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 20:26:54 +0100

> I like the idea of allowing exporting the track list in multiple
> formats (text, html, csv, etc), but I don't think we should try to
> create a built-in cover creator/editor.

You're absolutely right about that, it's just that the current solution prints
to 'a html file somewhere' with which it is not possible to print it directly
to a suitably sized format on paper. (~ 120 x 120 mm)

And since we do have all the information needed, I thought it might make sense
to render the html with an added background to a pixmap, and send that to
QPrinter :)

I needed some sort of cover, and messing with Gimp was counter productive....

> I guess we could add printing a simple tracklist as one of the export
> methods...  :)

Indeed, so my idea is just to improve the current html format a bit, and add a
print dialog with about some 2-3 buttons to alter the backgrounds image and
font parameters.
The cool thing about using css as the 'layout system' is that one can create
fairly sophisticated layouts with just one piece of html code, and they can
be added by whoever wants to hack another stylesheet.

> I guess I feel like we should focus on polishing up the audio editing
> user interface before we add cool extras like this...

Sure, if I didn't have wasted 2 hours today to print that #&(address@hidden
cover from
within the Gimp hehe.

The good thing about it is that I used Traverso for some simple project now,
and one of the things that were missing is a simple way to move one clip over
a long distance, hence the somewhat 'fancy' feature 'Zoom during clip move'.
Another one is the Marker editor dialog, which is very broken. I like to add
an < E > on Markers itself, which shows it's Edit dialog to modify its
position(?) and description.
Another one: [ M ] which does: add Marker _and_ move, since I happened to add
markers with < M > but wanted to adjust its position by a tiny bit, and to do
so I had to point to the marker moving the mouse to the timeline, result:
counter productive :(

Also highly missing is clip selection, and moving the group of selected clips.
Very usefull is the Fold Sheet/Track, but it makes the audiothread stall here
at times, which is TREMENDOUSLY BAD!

Lot's of stuff to work on!

Greetings,