Re: [Traverso-devel] Demo Projects

From: Ingmar Vanhassel
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Demo Projects
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 10:59:43 +0000

On Sat, Feb 07, 2009 at 08:16:59PM -0500, plutek-infinity wrote:

> >From: Remon Sijrier <address@hidden>
>
> >It should be relatively easy to add a menu to Traverso which shows available
> >demo Project which can be downloaded by Traverso itself (Qt makes this very
> >easy)
> >
> >If you guys think this isn't a good idea, or have suggestions, please let me
> >know.

Having demo projects available is definitely a good idea.

> i think there *needs* to be an option to disable this, or to compile without
> download support, for two reasons:
>
> 1. i would consider it "bloat" to be adding *any* network functionality to
> DAW software -- any potential for performance penalties or security risks due
> to something like this would be most unwelcome by those of us who maintain
> lean, DAW-specific machines.

Ditto, I'm not convinced that you want to have code for downloading
those in Traverso. Maybe it's nicer to have an extra tarball
traverso-$version-demo-projects.tar.gz that's unpacked over the sources
tarball. Then 'cmake -DWANT_DEMOS=TRUE' could install them?

--
Exherbo KDE, X.org maintainer