Re: [VM] vm-mark-folder-modified-p

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] vm-mark-folder-modified-p
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:55:45 +0000

Julian Bradfield writes:

> Returning to the problem noted a while ago of VM marking a read-only
> folder modified when it upgrades attribute data:
> Is there *any* case in which vm-mark-folder-modified-p should work on
> a read-only folder?

Good thinking, Julian.  This should be a good place to catch all the
read-only folder modifications that you don't want.  The old issue with the
attribute data has been fixed in the trunk:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/vm/+bug/932602

I am sure there would be other cases where read-only folders are modified,
but I think none of them would be essential.  All the essenntial
modifications are disallowed as noted in the doc string of
vm-folder-read-only.  So, it should be fine to discard them.

Cheers,
Uday