Re: [VM] gmail issue

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] gmail issue
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:31:21 +0000

James Freer writes:

> Could this be a problem with the new gmail UI and the way it handles
> replies. I notice they've removed it for this weekend which makes me
> think there are some problems to be sorted. In which case.... your
> problem could disappear.

There do seem to be changes... and bugs.  The gmail IMAP server is not at
present responding to the LOGOUT command.  So, VM hangs waiting to hear back
from the server.  I hope they will fix this soon.

Mark Diekhans writes:

> Google groups doesn't send you a copy of your message when you
> post to a list.  We have been told they view this as a `feature'
> which there is no control over.
>
> Sounds like they added the same `feature' to gmail :-(

Yeah, I think they have made an ill-thought out change here.  There are
possible work-arounds in VM using virtual folders.  I will post them here
when I have them working.

Cheers,
Uday