websec-users

Re: No url.list? Error.

From: Baruch Even
Subject: Re: No url.list? Error.
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:09:04 +0100

Adam Stanley wrote:
> I've been playing around with 1.9 and I just discovered something.  If you
> do not have a url.list file, websec stops. I've been using different
> configuration files and came across this issue.  Has anyone else seen this?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

If there is no configuration file, websec will fail to open the
non-existing config file and fail. That's obvious.

If you gave it an alternative config file. it should just use that. I
don't use such a case so I didn't test it in a while now. Is that the
problem?

> Also, I could have sworn that I mentioned (AGES AGO) that I hacked webdiff
> to support an option of "diffonly" that outputs only what's different.  It
> doesn't seem that this hack made it into the codestream.  Any thoughts on
> moving it in?

Some patches do end up on the floor, sometimes because I didn't like the
patch and sometimes because it didn't apply. If you have such a patch
for an updated version of WebSec (1.9 will do), please send it for
consideration.

Baruch