Re: [Adonthell-general] RE: C++/Python developers for a graphical role p

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] RE: C++/Python developers for a graphical role playing game
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:20:26 +0100

On 20 Mar 2002 12:12:22 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> > As a C/C++ programmer with some (but not much) experience
> > in perl (and i think python should not prove to be a big
> > problem) and a great interest in rpgs i would like to help you
> > developing adonthell. Some years ago i already tried to do a
> > similar project on my own, but i never got very far (a moving
> > map was the best i could do). So, let me know if you are
> > interested :-) btw: I am a student of mathematics at the moment...
> > Cheers, Thorsten
>
> Hi Thorsten,
>
> I think you have the right profile to work on this kind of project -
> especially since you attempted to do a similar one already - and we
> would be glad to welcome you in the team.

Absolutely. As it seems that there are only 2-3 active programmers at the
moment, any further help is very welcome.

(When will Joel continue work on the window system, btw? I figured that
backporting the i18n stuff to 0.3 is useless until we can use proper fonts with
a complete character set.)

> Then subscribe to the mailing lists and introduce yourself - once it > is
> done, you could have a better overview of the project and decide on
> which part to work.

Items and inventory comes to mind. The audio system. Combat. There's plenty of
work ;).