Re: [Adonthell-general] more backporting (was: ...)

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] more backporting (was: ...)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:20:19 +0100

On 21 Mar 2002 10:58:24 +0100 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> (Urrk - your mail client (Sylpheed, from what I see) doesn't cut lines
> at 80 characters - you can probably configure that)

Oh, sorry. I newly installed it on this box and only configured the most
basic things. Should be better now!

> > (When will Joel continue work on the window system, btw? I figured
> > that backporting the i18n stuff to 0.3 is useless until we can use
> > proper fonts with a complete character set.)
>
> Jol has to finish his university project and is knee-deep in the doc
> at the moment (unless he hung himself ;)). He should be more available
> soon, I'd say 1-2 weeks.
>
> Actually, the new fonts should be easily portable and integrated in
> the old GUI. They just need to be done the same way - and I don't
> think Joel has plans to change it. So at least with them, we could
> backport the i18n stuff.

Right. Another thing: once we port the new input system, we'll need a
configuration screen for the input system. That would be a good
opportunity to add a GUI for the other settings as well:
fullscreen/window mode, audio quality and volume.
> And at the end of next week will be hollidays here in France - so both
> of us should have quite a few free time.

Good. To bad that my own holidays are pretty much over :(.