Re: [Adonthell-general] RE: C++/Python developers for a graphical role p

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] RE: C++/Python developers for a graphical role playing game
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:05:47 +0100

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:43:14 +0100 Thorsten Riess wrote:

> > > Items and inventory comes to mind. The audio system. Combat.
> > > There's plenty of work ;).
> >
> > Right. Whatever you'd like to do, you'll certainly find it here! :)
>
> Work on the inventory/items seems interesting. Well, first I'll have
> to look at the sources to get an idea where to start :)

Of course. Currently, there's the main branch in CVS, containing the
0.3.2 code (with a few minor changes) and the Branch_road_to_0-4 branch,
which contains all the new code. As far as the map engine and input
system is concerned, most of the main branch is obsolete and will be
replaced later on.

You should be able to test some of the 0.4 code with this data:
http://www.gnurou.org/adonthell-stuff/alextest.tgz

It needs to be extracted inside the src directory.

A last note on items: the 0.3 code contained a beginning of
inventory/item code, but we found that it wasn't generic enough. There's
a new approach in the 0.4 branch, in src/tools/combat. Not sure if it is
any good, though. But at least it is a start.

That were the most important things concerning the code, I think. If you
have any further questions, feel free to ask!